Neues Cabrioverdeck

• Ich freue mich sehr, diese Golf Cabrio-Community zu finden und ihr beizutreten, und ich frage mich, ob die Mitglieder mir helfen können, eine neue exakte Kopie meines aktuellen Cabrio-Verdecks zu finden?!

Dieses Jahr habe ich endlich mein Traumauto, ein 1992er Golf Clipper Cabriolet, von einem Oldtimerhändler gekauft. Er hat eine Laufleistung von 75.000 km und 22 VW-Händlerstempel und ist in einem sehr guten Zustand.

Ich würde gerne ein neues Verdeck für das Auto in originalem PVC-Vinyl kaufen, das in England "taubengrau (dove grey) heißt, und frage mich, ob jemand den besten Lieferanten in Deutschland empfehlen kann. Der Grund für den Austausch des alten Verdecks ist, dass es jetzt einen kleinen Spalt im Verdeck gibt, wo es sich beim Öffnen zusammenfaltet.

Ich danke jedem, der mir in dieser Angelegenheit einen Rat geben kann.

Es gibt einige Fotos in der Galerie, um bei dieser Suche zu helfen.

Wenn es im Forum einen Abschnitt gibt, der Lieferanten von Cabriohauben auflistet, könnte mich bitte jemand dorthin verweisen. Mein Deutsch ist schlecht und ich verwende Google, um diesen Beitrag zu übersetzen. Danke schön.

• Vielen Dank, Buster, obwohl sie auf ihrer Website anscheinend keine graue PVC-Farbe anbieten. Ich werde ihnen eine E-Mail senden, um zu sehen, ob es verfügbar ist. Liebe Grüße, Matthäus

• Hello MDRoe,

first of all a happy welcome as member of our forum. I like your blue 1992 Golf MK1 Clipper Concertible. Blue and gray is a nice combination.

To correspond with us you might also write in English, since almost a majority of Germans are able to understand your language.

As to your question of a supplyer of a new cover for the soft-top of your Cabrio.

Legal notice - Cabrio Zentrum Osnabrück

The above link leads to the workshop and the internet-shop which is operated by a former textile-engineer ad upholstery master Jöeg Dilfe who was working in the developement department (for the soft-top of Golf MK 1 and MK 3) of the Karmann factory in Osnabrück.

After Karmann's insolvence he founded his own business in the field of soft-tops for concertibles and especially for Golf Cabriolets.

In 2008 i got a new cover for my 1992 Classicline Cabriolet (~ = Rivage). At that time he had just started his own business.

Many of his employees were former workers at the Karmann factory and very scilled, too. Mr. Dilge also produces new upholstery for the interior. Occasionally he is asked to equip new models with new designed seat covers.

He offers the cover for the soft-top of the Golf MK1 in several qualities: Vinyl (PVC) or Cloth.

I just checked his internet-shop. There he presently does not offer the cover in gray - neighter in PVC nor in cloth.

Therefore I recommend to contact him directly by email:

info@cabriozentrum.de

Do yo have a good workshop which would ba able to fit your soft-top with a new cover? The should have good experience!

Otherways I would recommend that you drive to his premises in Osnabrück to have your Cabriolet fitted with the new cover. Often it is wise to have new tension-ropes (Spannseile) equipped as part of the works.

Any

way you should ask for factory quality. Possibly they can deliver the cover in gray. If not a black cover would look good, too.

Have a nice weekend!

Hartmuth

(golf-open-fan)

golf-open-fan
    US-Cabrio 1989 "Wolfsburg Edition", Klima, Servo, 16V-Motor PL, 5Ganggetr., 16V-Auspuff, 16V-Fahrwerk, 4-Scheiben-Bremse, (alles v. 16V Scirocco 2), Ausstellfenster, schwarzes Leder; el. Fensterheber, Chrom

Fahre ein Golf Cabrio seit 1982

• Thank you Hartmuth for the detailed explanation. I would like to try and obtain a matching (dove grey) PVC hood as the car is original in all other ways. I will ask cabrio zentrum if they can obtain this material!

Eurotop can provide a grey OEM PVC hood but unfortunately it is not a good match for the original “dove grey” on my car.

I am grateful for all the advice given by the forum.

Matthew

• Danke Hartmuth für die ausführliche Erklärung. Ich würde gerne versuchen, ein passendes (taubengraues) PVC-Verdeck zu bekommen, da das Auto in jeder anderen Hinsicht original ist. Ich werde das Cabriozentrum fragen, ob sie dieses Material bekommen können!

Eurotop kann eine graue OEM-PVC-Motorhaube liefern, aber leider passt sie nicht gut zum originalen „taubengrauen“ an meinem Auto.

Ich bin dankbar für alle Tipps aus dem Forum.

Matthew

• Thank you Phoenix and shjp77, and should I try to contact synonym?

Danke Phoenix und shjp77, und sollte ich versuchen, synonym zu kontaktieren?

Guess not - he was living in the UK for long time with his convertible. Since he moved back to Germany he is quite absence in the forum. Not sure if this mention was triggering a message to him ;) .

• Thank you for all the information and I will contact Cabrio Zentrum to see what they can do.

Vielen Dank für alle Informationen und ich werde das Cabrio Zentrum kontaktieren, um zu sehen, was sie tun können.

Matthew